Every child's feet grow differently and at different times. In fact, your child's feet could be smaller or larger than the recommended size for her or his age. That's why it's best to get your child’s feet measured every few months and compare the measurements against a verified baby shoe size chart.
To measure your child’s feet at home, download our foot measuring tool or use a ruler or tape measure and measure your child's feet. Make sure that each foot is fully extended and double-check that your child’s toes aren’t curled.
For the length, measure from the heel to the longest toe. Don’t worry if you end up with slightly different measurements: children (and adults) often have size variations between their feet. Using the longest foot, choose a size from the toddler shoe size charts below.
Our baby shoe size recommendation will be slightly larger than your child's foot to provide room for healthy foot growth and longer usage. If you find yourself deciding between two sizes, always opt for the larger of the two, and if your child’s feet are particularly chubby consider sizing up based on their measurements.
Please Note: Certain older styles have different sizing. It is best to use the baby shoe size chart on the actual product page to determine the best size for your child.
Checking for Comfort
Babies and their feet grow quickly, and parents should make sure that their shoes are growing right along with them. Signs that it’s time for a larger size include:
- Your child frequently removing one or both shoes
- Frequent tripping
- Dragging toes
- Red marks and impressions on their feet
Whether you’re noticing some of these signs—or it’s simply been a few months since your child’s last measurement—you can easily test the comfort of their shoes with this baby shoe size chart.
How To Measure Baby's Feet
To start, have your child stand with their weight distributed evenly on both feet.
To check length, make sure you can press your thumb between the longest toe and the end of the shoe. Children need about ½” of space for the toes to move freely. Next, check that your pinkie can fit snugly between the heel and back of the shoe. To check width, make sure you can grasp some material at the widest part of the foot.
Ideally, you should use our baby shoe size chart to test shoes later in the day, since children’s feet swell over the course of the day.
Our Product Benefits
Soft Soles shoes mimic bare feet to give your baby support that doesn’t constrict growing feet. These slip-resistant shoes flex and bend with every step as your toddler begins to walk.
- Good for Foot Development: The soft soles allow for the full range of motion your baby needs to grow up strong.
- Flexible Sizing: The thoughtful baby shoe sizing allows for softness and flexibility that your baby can easily move in.
- Easy On, Stays On: Kick-proof elastic ankles are easy to get on and off, and they stay on all day.
- Slip-Resistant Sole: The textured suede soles allow for good grip and help to prevent slips and falls.
- Durable Comfort: We use only high-quality materials and careful stitch-and-turn craftsmanship for comfort and durability.
The trendy designs of our First Kicks/ Sandals shoes are built with adult shoe-like sizing, suede and split rubber outsoles and soft cushioned insoles.
- Good for Foot Development: The flexible sole allows for optimal baby foot development.
- Padded Insole: Soft insoles give little feet super-soft comfort they’ll want to keep on all day.
- Shoe-Like Sizing: The snug, narrower fit helps keep walkers secure and gives them increased support.
- Slip-Resistant Sole: Soles increase traction and help your toddler keep their balance.
- Adjustable Closures: Easy to put on and take off for busy parents and feet that can’t stay still.
Our Snap Booties are a foolproof way to keep baby feet comfortable and protected. They’re perfect for pre and early walkers and feature a two-snap closure mechanism as well as flexible, slip-resistant jersey soles.
- Soft, Breathable Design: Made from high-quality materials chosen to keep your little one cozy.
- Easy On, Stay On: The two-snap system allows for a customized fit and keeps booties on all day long
- Good for Foot Development: Soft, jersey sole flexes and bends to allow the full range of motion needed for healthy foot development.
- Flexible Sizing: Elasticized ankle and roomy sizing fit different foot sizes and provide extra space for feet to grow.
- Slip Resistant Sole: Outsole grips the floor, adds traction, and helps prevent slips & falls.
Robeez baby apparel is designed to keep your infant cute and comfortable all day long. The collection is designed to reflect the ideal balance of everyday essentials and seasonal trend pieces for the effortless styling of your little one. From lounge sets to puffer jackets, you can dress your child in Robeez apparel from head to toe! Read our apparel product descriptions to find a perfectly snug fit that works for your infant, but our apparel range includes sizes 0-24 months. Check out the apparel collection and apparel sizing chart.